Uncuffed DWI suspect drives off with cruiser
By Roger Amsden
HOLDERNESS, N.H. — A man arrested for driving while intoxicated managed to jump behind the wheel of a police cruiser and drive away.
Police said James Russo, 25, of Laconia, who turned himself in yesterday afternoon, had been placed unrestrained in the rear of the police cruiser because he had what appeared to be a malformation of his left hand, making it difficult to put handcuffs on him.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Uncuffed DWI suspect drives off with cruiser
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms