Calif. man lights himself on fire in police van
By Greg Welter
CHICO, Calif. — A man who allegedly lit himself on fire inside a Chico police transport van Tuesday night is in critical but stable condition at the UC Davis Medical Center Burn Unit in Sacramento, a police official said.
Identified as Chico resident Joseph A. Devincenzi, 19, the man was taken into custody around 6:30 p.m. on The Esplanade by an officer who reported he was being extremely combative, and allegedly attempting to kick out a window in his patrol car.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. man lights himself on fire in police van
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court