Wis. sergeant convicted of beating cuffed suspect
Sheriff's officer accused of hitting a handcuffed man who asked to use toilet
By Bruce Vielmetti
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
MILWAUKEE — A Milwaukee County sheriff's sergeant was convicted Tuesday of beating a suspect handcuffed inside a squad car, where a video camera recorded the entire incident.
Scott Krause, 38, was arrested Oct. 16, within hours of when Ray Calderon had complained to sheriff's officials about being slugged in the face after he asked to use the restroom.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court