Video: Cuffed man jumps from moving squad
The officer had lowered the rear window because the suspect was feeling ill
By PoliceOne Staff
SANDY, Utah — Police in Utah have released video of a suspect who jumped from a moving cruiser while being driven to the jail.
Nicholas Duffy, 20, had just been arrested on outstanding warrants and suspicion of burglary and was being escorted to the Salt Lake County jail, according to ksl.com. Duffy had complained of being sick, saying he might throw up.
The officer had lowered the rear window. Minutes later, the handcuffed Duffy unbuckled his seatbelt and slid out of the vehicle, which was traveling about 30 mph.
He suffered minor injuries and was taken back into custody.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter