Police: Mumbling Pa. suspect had mouthful of crack
23 individually wrapped pieces of crack cocaine fell from the mouth of a drug suspect
AMBRIDGE, Pa. — A western Pennsylvania man is jailed on drug charges because police say something other than a confession came out of his mouth when he was hit with a stun gun.
The Beaver County Times reports Tuesday that 56-year-old Frank Lee Turner was mumbling when Ambridge police stopped a car in which he was a passenger on Feb. 5.
Police say Turner was mumbling before he struggled with police and was hit with the stun gun — only to have 23 individually wrapped pieces of crack cocaine fall out of his mouth.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Turner, who faces a preliminary hearing on drug possession, resisting arrest and other charges.
Turner remained in the county jail Tuesday, unable to post bond.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court