New York cop saves newborn baby
By Georgett Roberts
New York Post
NEW YORK — Born yesterday in the back seat of a Brooklyn taxi, Elina Zhao is a precious early Christmas gift for her proud parents - but she was nearly a holiday tragedy.
The baby, born not breathing, is healthy thanks to a Borough Park cop who'd been flagged down by the cabby speeding the expectant mom to a hospital just before noon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: New York cop saves newborn baby
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help