Tactical Medical Coordination Systems help track patients
By Diane Williams
The Naval Health Research Center via Defense Tech Briefs
The term "tactical medical coordination system" (TacMedCS) denotes any of several prototype electronic systems for tracking patients in a scenario that may involve multiple instances of treatment by different medical personnel in different locations.
The TacMedCS was conceived as a means of facilitating coordination of care of military personnel injured in combat and/or facilitating coordination of care of victims of large-scale disasters.
The most advanced prototype has already been demonstrated to be effective in operations at a Navy fleet hospital.
Read full story here: TacMedCS helps provide detailed information on treatment
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help