Tactical Medical Coordination Systems help track patients
By Diane Williams
The Naval Health Research Center via Defense Tech Briefs
The term "tactical medical coordination system" (TacMedCS) denotes any of several prototype electronic systems for tracking patients in a scenario that may involve multiple instances of treatment by different medical personnel in different locations.
The TacMedCS was conceived as a means of facilitating coordination of care of military personnel injured in combat and/or facilitating coordination of care of victims of large-scale disasters.
The most advanced prototype has already been demonstrated to be effective in operations at a Navy fleet hospital.
Read full story here: TacMedCS helps provide detailed information on treatment
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house