Utah officers train to be part of elite SWAT team
By Pat Reavy
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Members of the Salt Lake police SWAT team don't get paid any extra for being a member.
They have to be prepared at a moment's notice to respond to an emergency regardless of whether they've just completed a 10-hour shift on their regular beat or are attending a birthday party or other special family function. They often put their own lives in harm's way to protect the public.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'