Utah officers train to be part of elite SWAT team
By Pat Reavy
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Members of the Salt Lake police SWAT team don't get paid any extra for being a member.
They have to be prepared at a moment's notice to respond to an emergency regardless of whether they've just completed a 10-hour shift on their regular beat or are attending a birthday party or other special family function. They often put their own lives in harm's way to protect the public.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help