Legionella hits Mich. department, 22 employees sick
By Gina Damron and Bill Laitner
Detroit Free Press
MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich. — More than half of the water sites in the Madison Heights Police Department checked for Legionella tested positive in preliminary tests Monday for the bacteria, which causes Legionnaires’ disease, Chief Kevin Sagan said today.
This includes kitchen sinks, faucets and bathrooms, he said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house