Despite technology, first responders operating on different frequencies
By Ed Timms and Tanya Eiserer
Dallas Morning News
DALLAS — Despite unprecedented advances in technology, law enforcement agencies still struggle to communicate with each other during high-speed chases that streak through several different cities or counties.
That was the case earlier this week, when a 29-year-old man led Dallas County Precinct 2 deputy constables and other law enforcement officers on a wild chase through four cities.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help