Despite technology, first responders operating on different frequencies
By Ed Timms and Tanya Eiserer
Dallas Morning News
DALLAS — Despite unprecedented advances in technology, law enforcement agencies still struggle to communicate with each other during high-speed chases that streak through several different cities or counties.
That was the case earlier this week, when a 29-year-old man led Dallas County Precinct 2 deputy constables and other law enforcement officers on a wild chase through four cities.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house