Dallas switches red light law for first responders
By Tanya Eiserer
Dallas Morning News
DALLAS — A new law will allow emergency workers to run red lights in the line of duty without worrying about getting a red-light camera citation.
The new law, which takes effect Sept. 1, clarifies existing state law, which exempts emergency vehicles from being penalized under the state's criminal traffic laws, but didn't provide an exemption for red-light camera citations.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help