AED spells life-saving aid for patrol officers
By Jan Gaillard
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. — When Virginia Beach Police Officer Ken Buechner was dispatched to a cardiac-arrest case near Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital last month, he found a woman in her mid-50s with no heartbeat.
"I was on the scene in about a minute to a minute and a half. Her husband said she had stopped breathing," said Buechner, hired by the department in 2007.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: AED spells life-saving aid for patrol officers
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds