NJ officers, EMTs deliver baby
After birth, police escorted an ambulance with mother, daughter and father to the hospital
By Jeff Frankel
BLOOMFIELD, N.J. — En route to the hospital, a baby girl couldn't wait to see the world and was born on the side of Belleville Avenue. Thankfully, she had the help of Bloomfield emergency services personal.
Mother Maryiri Tejada and baby Genesis are doing fine, police said.
Bloomfield officers Robert Estelle and Julio Lopez played an instrumental roll in helping Tejada deliver a healthy baby girl at 7:55 a.m. Saturday, July 14.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NJ officers, EMTs deliver baby
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help