Fla. cop saves woman during lunch break
He tended to a woman having a heart attack and relayed medical information from her family to EMTs
By Gillian Finklea
Lakeland, Florida — A police officer on his lunch break ended up saving a woman who was having a heart attack.
Lakeland Police say Officer Adam Williams stopped in at Palace Pizza for lunch when he saw a woman standing in line who appeared to be in distress. Upon further examination Officer Williams found her lightheaded, extremely weak and somewhat disoriented at, which time he called police dispatch and requested EMS.
According to reports, Officer Williams helped support the woman and kept her from falling to the floor and was able to get her seated in a comfortable position. He continued with his first responder assessment and was able to get a medical history from family members and that critical information was relayed to EMS.
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house