Video: Man flies drone over Harlem explosion site, NYPD steps in
A New York man flew an aerial drone over the scene of a building collapse caused by an explosion in Harlem on Wednesday
By PoliceOne Staff
NEW YORK — A New York man flew an aerial drone over the scene of a building collapse caused by an explosion in Harlem on Wednesday.
According to the New York Daily News, 45-year-old Brian Wilson captured the video via his quad-copter as police and firefighters were responding to the scene.
Wilson claims he was given permission to launch the drone, but was told by NYPD officers to cease flying it in the area after capturing a half-hour of footage.
8 people are confirmed dead from the collapse and dozens more are injured. The explosion was the result of a gas leak and is still under investigation.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court