Video: Net gun stops suspects in their tracks
A new $730 net gun purchased by the Saginaw County Sheriff’s Office promises to stop uncooperative people in their tracks
By PoliceOne Staff
SAGINAW COUNTY, Mich. — A new $730 net gun purchased by the Saginaw County Sheriff’s Office promises to stop uncooperative people in their tracks.
“In a situation when someone is out of control and a TASER is not the best option, we can combine this with a TASER and it’s going to be better for everybody,” Saginaw County Undersheriff Robert Karl said.
The device was paid for using drug forfeiture money; refill cartridges cost $1.60 for the reusable net.
The department will put the device into service once personnel become proficient with it.
- Less Lethal
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman