Londoners take bomb threats in stride
By Tariq Panja
The Associated Press
LONDON — Londoners were on edge Friday after two explosives-packed cars were found in the city's theater district just days before the second anniversary of a bombing onslaught that killed 52 commuters, and the thwarted plot revived painful memories.
Still, the threat of terrorism is nothing new for London. It was a frequent target of attacks by the Irish Republican Army in the 1980s and 1990s, and many residents and visitors vowed to carry on as usual.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Londoners take bomb threats in stride
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman