Secret Fla. fusion center an early warning system for terrorism
Formed in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, the center brings together analysts and agencies to screen public and law-enforcement information on terrorist leads.
By Jim Leusner
The Orlando Sentinel
Somewhere in a nondescript Orlando building, a group of intelligence analysts are helping to detect terrorist activities in nine area counties.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman