U.S. attorney: Patriot Act 'essential tool'
By Greg Welter
CHICO, Calif. — McGregor Scott, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of California, said the successful 2005 prosecution of a terrorist figure living in Lodi wouldn't have been possible without the Patriot Act.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: U.S. attorney: Patriot Act 'essential tool'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help