U.S. attorney: Patriot Act 'essential tool'
By Greg Welter
CHICO, Calif. — McGregor Scott, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of California, said the successful 2005 prosecution of a terrorist figure living in Lodi wouldn't have been possible without the Patriot Act.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: U.S. attorney: Patriot Act 'essential tool'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman