Openness 'key' in balancing WTC memorial security
The excavated site of the World Trade Center. The cleanup and recovery efforts at the site were declared finished, 261 days after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)
By Michael Frazier
Newsday (New York)
NEW YORK — Picture years from now, when hundreds of thousands of mourners and visitors enter the rebuilt World Trade Center and the National Sept. 11 Memorial and Museum, the 16-acre site's centerpiece.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help