Openness 'key' in balancing WTC memorial security
The excavated site of the World Trade Center. The cleanup and recovery efforts at the site were declared finished, 261 days after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)
By Michael Frazier
Newsday (New York)
NEW YORK — Picture years from now, when hundreds of thousands of mourners and visitors enter the rebuilt World Trade Center and the National Sept. 11 Memorial and Museum, the 16-acre site's centerpiece.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds