Prosecutors say videos detail N.Y. terror plot
By Tom Hays
WHITE PLAINS, New York — Authorities say they secretly videotaped nearly every move made by four men accused of plotting attacks on New York City synagogues and upstate New York military targets.
At a court hearing, prosecutors said some of the videos were shot from an airplane and a helicopter. Law enforcers say they tracked the men last month on the day they planted what they believed were explosives in the Bronx.
The bombs were fake, part of a sting operation involving nearly 100 officers.
The handcuffed suspects did not speak Friday. They were ordered to return to court on Sept. 17.
The suspects are being held without bail on a variety of charges.
Copyright 2009 Associated Press
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police