Feds announce $30 million in grants to border agencies
By Rene Romo
EL PASO, Texas — Mexico's military-led battles with drug cartels have spawned violence south of the border but also an "unprecedented" partnership with the United States, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said.
Speaking Tuesday at the sixth annual Border Security Conference at the University of Texas at El Paso, Napolitano said that for the first time, the two countries are treating drug-related violence as a "shared problem."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house