Program launched to detect 'lone offenders'
By Kevin Johnson
Federal authorities have launched an effort to detect lone attackers who may be contemplating politically charged assaults similar to the recent slayings of a Kansas abortion doctor and a Holocaust museum security guard.
The effort, known as the "Lone Wolf Initiative," was started shortly after President Obama's inauguration, in part because of an increasing number of hate groups and surging gun sales.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Program launched to detect 'lone offenders'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic