Terror suspect charged with bomb conspiracy
Editor’s Note:Editor's Note: The arrest earlier this week of suspected terrorists in Colorado, and now the indictment of one of those suspects on charges of conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction, demonstrates the continuing need for law enforcement vigilance against potential terror attacks. Check out PoliceOne's comprehensive coverage of this cross-country terror plot.
NEW YORK — A Colorado man arrested in a U.S. terror probe has been indicted on a charge of conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction -- explosive bombs -- against persons or property in the United States, the Justice Department said Thursday.
A federal grand jury in the Eastern District of New York on Wednesday returned a one-count indictment against Najibullah Zazi, 24, of Aurora, Colorado -- a Denver suburb.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Terror suspect charged with bomb conspiracy
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds