New face of terrorism is 'home-grown'
Former NJ Gov. Tom Kean says, "We can't count on the terrorists being incompetent forever"
By Judy Peet
The United States is more vulnerable to terrorist attack than any time since the 2001 assault on the World Trade Center, according to the chairman of the 9/11 commission.
"This is the most dangerous time I've seen since 9/11," former New Jersey Gov. Tom Kean said. "Al Qaeda is constantly learning our weaknesses, and the U.S. intelligence community is dysfunctional.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: New face of terrorism is 'home-grown'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy