Europe still faces terror risk, unease
US alert warns of possible attacks
By Thomas Frank, Laura Bly and Kevin Johnson
WASHINGTON — Europe faces months of uncertainty about terrorism and tourism after the Obama administration warned Americans on Sunday of possible attacks across the continent, particularly on public transit and at tourist sites.
A State Department "travel alert" stops short of advising Americans to stay away from Europe or to take precautions in any specific country, city or activity. The administration said nothing about an increased possibility of an attack in the USA.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Europe still faces terror risk, unease
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'