Yemeni man charges cockpit, stopped by retired cops
Two flight attendants and two ex-cops wrestled him to the floor and put him in plastic handcuffs
SAN FRANCISCO — A 28-year-old man carrying a Yemeni passport was wrestled to the floor by flight attendants and passengers after he started banging on the cockpit door and yelling aboard a flight bound for San Francisco International Airport Sunday night, police said.
Rageig Almurisi was seated in the coach section of American Airlines Flight 1561 when he started to walk briskly toward the front of the plane within 30 minutes of its scheduled landing at SFO, San Francisco police Sgt. Michael Rodriguez said.
A flight attendant said it seemed he was going to the forward bathroom, Rodriguez said.
Once Almurisi walked past the first class section and the bathroom, the flight attendant asked him to sit back down, he said.
Read more on KTVU.com.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman