FBI investigates burglary at highway administration office
City police spokeswoman Stacie Oulton said Federal Protective Service agents told city officers about the information.
No one answered the phone at the protective service Saturday morning. FBI spokeswoman Ann Atanasio confirmed her agency is investigating the burglary, which occurred Friday, but declined to comment further.
Hoover Dam, about 30 miles east of Las Vegas, Nev., forms the largest man-made reservoir in the nation. It provides water to 23 million people and hydroelectric power for 1.3 million people in Arizona, Nevada and California.
Oulton said a safety engineer's identification badge and computer hard drives were stolen in the burglary. She said the Federal Protective Service asked city officers to examine the crime scene.
No other details were released.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic