FBI investigates burglary at highway administration office
City police spokeswoman Stacie Oulton said Federal Protective Service agents told city officers about the information.
No one answered the phone at the protective service Saturday morning. FBI spokeswoman Ann Atanasio confirmed her agency is investigating the burglary, which occurred Friday, but declined to comment further.
Hoover Dam, about 30 miles east of Las Vegas, Nev., forms the largest man-made reservoir in the nation. It provides water to 23 million people and hydroelectric power for 1.3 million people in Arizona, Nevada and California.
Oulton said a safety engineer's identification badge and computer hard drives were stolen in the burglary. She said the Federal Protective Service asked city officers to examine the crime scene.
No other details were released.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help