Tracking Terrorists; They Remain committing to Terror Attacks in U.S.
by David Johnston, The New York Times
The F.B.I. director, Robert S. Mueller III, said Al Qaeda followers in the United States and abroad remained committed to participating in terror attacks in the United States.
Mr. Mueller, speaking at a hearing of the House Appropriations Committee on his bureau's budget, said counterterrorism officials had thwarted some attempted terrorist plots.
"But," he warned, "the mere fact that there have been successes does not in any way, shape or form mean that we are confident that there will not be another attack."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court