Bomb Destroys Mailbox in Maryland
Maryland fire marshals are investigating a soda-bottle bomb that destroyed a Charles County mailbox late Sunday.
Authorities said the chemical bomb was contained in a two-liter soda bottle and apparently detonated about 10:30 p.m. in the 5300 block of Doris Drive in Waldorf. Neighbors heard the blast but did not realize its effects until yesterday morning, said Deputy State Fire Marshal W. Faron Taylor.
Taylor said investigators do not think the incident was connected to the string of mailbox bombings in the Midwest.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy