Boston police consider drones for 2014 marathon
When drones are introduced to the equation, paranoia goes through the roof, even if the crafts are conducting the same missions as police through other means
By Ben Wolfgang
The Washington Times
BOSTON — Boston's top cop wants drones hovering over next year's marathon, but getting his hands on one may be easier said than done.
More than 30 states, including Massachusetts, are rushing to restrict the use of drones by law enforcement, with some seeking to ban it in all but the most extreme circumstances.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Boston police consider drones for 2014 marathon
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms