Video: Boston bomb suspects work out before attack
Surveillance footage shows the brothers jumping rope with a friend, relaxed, just 3 days before the bombing
By Deborah Feyerick and Ross Levitt
BOSTON — Three days before the Boston Marathon bombings, suspects Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev were working out together at a Boston gym. Security cameras captured footage of the brothers arriving at the Wai Kru mixed martial arts center with a friend just before 2:45 p.m. April 12.
The manager at Wai Kru, who wanted to be identified only as Michael, noticed a distinct change in the older brother's appearance. Tamerlan Tsarnaev's full, bushy religious beard, which he had for about two years, was gone.
"Shaving the beard may be a way to blend in, not to attract scrutiny from security services in carrying out the Boston attacks," CNN terror analyst Paul Cruickshank said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter