2 friends of suspected marathon bomber indicted
Dias Kadyrbayev and Azamat Tazhayakov are accused of trying to dispose of evidence from Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's dorm room
By Jay Lindsay
BOSTON — Two friends of the suspected Boston Marathon bomber have been indicted on obstruction conspiracy charges.
Dias Kadyrbayev and Azamat Tazhayakov are accused of trying to dispose of evidence from Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's dorm room.
Authorities say they later found some of the items in a New Bedford landfill.
The two 19-year-olds have been detained since they were initially charged in May. If convicted, they face up to 20 years in prison.
An attorney for Tazhayakov says his client did nothing wrong and that he has tried for the last several months to persuade authorities to drop the charges. He says he and his client both agree that authorities are on a "witch hunt."
Kadyrbayev's attorney didn't immediately return a message for comment.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer