NYPD monitoring Britain terror precautions
New York Police Commissioner William Bratton says the city is closely following developments overseas after Britain raised its terror threat level
NEW YORK — New York Police Commissioner William Bratton says the city is closely following developments overseas after Britain raised its terror threat level.
Bratton said Friday there is "no specific credible threat" to New York City. He says the NYPD is working with the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force to monitor any developments.
The commissioner added that New York City's "security posture" and NYPD resources are adjusted daily to conform to changing conditions around the globe.
Britain's decision was related to developments in Iraq and Syria, but there was no information to suggest an attack was imminent.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation