5 great products for nonlethal, inert firearms training
Inert munitions make reality training possible without breaking the bank
By The TacticaList Staff
Do you want to increase the frequency of your firearms training without blowing your budget on ammo? Inert munitions make reality training possible without breaking the bank, and with today’s innovations, they’re just as effective (and fun!) as training with live rounds. Here are our five favorite munitions:
1. Simunitions Training System has long been a favorite choice for military and law enforcement, but the company has recently expanded their training to include civilian shooters. Now certified firearms instructors can be a part of realistic force-on-force and force-on-target training.
This nonlethal alternative is great for civilians who want to be more comfortable handling a new firearm while training in a realistic-yet-safe environment. Two reduced-energy non-lethal projectiles offered with Simunitions training are the FX Marking cartridge and the SecuriBlank cartridge system.
2. UTM Worldwide’s Fail-Safe round conversions offer realistic and safe training thanks to the 5.56mm and 7.62 caliber rounds, which are uniquely designed to prevent the discharge of traditional 5.56mm/.223 “live” ammunition by offsetting the firing pin design, which will only work with the rim fire primer used in the UTM RBT Cartridge, but not with a “live” center fire cartridge.
UTM RBT cartridges use only the energy provided by the front primer to propel the projectile for a safe, low-controlled velocity, providing consistent safe impact energies.
3. Stressvest Inc. provides realistic firearms training without the use of projectiles by inducing enough pain to create the stress required for realistic force-on-force training.
The lightweight vest and accompanying belt set administer a pulsing shock to the user’s stomach, forcing them to tighten their muscles when ‘shot’ by a corresponding laser gun. The belt even continues to send intense pulses to remind the user they’ve been hit at random intervals, and the intensity of the pulse increases.
4. You simply can’t compile a list of inert munitions without mentioning the original Blue Gun by Ring’s Manufacturing, Inc. The strong, impact-resistant polyurethane firearm simulators provide instructors and students detailed and accurate experience, whether it’s with long guns or hand guns.
Blue guns come in wide variety of firearms and other weapons, from batons to flashlights to flash-bangs.
5. Safely practice trigger-pull techniques in dry fire training with Tipton Snap Caps. They’re engineered for a long life of dry fire training and practice applications plus effective release of pressure on your on your firing pin spring, which extends the life of your firearm.
They’re available in a wide range of caliber, and can be used to test the functioning of extractors and ejectors in short rifles.
- Police Training