Ga. traffic stop turns into $3.5 million coke bust
George Childi; Staff
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Copyright 2006 The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
A routine traffic stop turned into a huge drug bust Friday night. Gwinnett County police found $3.5 million in cocaine hidden in a truck cops had impounded for safety violations.
The county's commercial vehicle enforcement unit had no idea what was in the truck when they stopped the driver on I-85 near Indian Trail Lilburn Road, police spokesman Darren Moloney said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help