Ga. traffic stop turns into $3.5 million coke bust
George Childi; Staff
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Copyright 2006 The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
A routine traffic stop turned into a huge drug bust Friday night. Gwinnett County police found $3.5 million in cocaine hidden in a truck cops had impounded for safety violations.
The county's commercial vehicle enforcement unit had no idea what was in the truck when they stopped the driver on I-85 near Indian Trail Lilburn Road, police spokesman Darren Moloney said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house