Pickup carried Neb. officer more than 800 feet
By Tom Shaw and Jennifer Greff
Copyright 2006 The Omaha World-Herald Company
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Neb.- A Council Bluffs police officer shot a Bluffs man three times Sunday, with one bullet breaking his arm and another lodging near his lung, said the man's grandmother.
Scott E. Smith, 36, had surgery Monday to repair some of his injuries, said the grandmother, Jane Perry of Council Bluffs. She said Smith also had been shot in the leg.
Smith's condition at the Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha was not being released today.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pickup carried Neb. officer more than 800 feet
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms