Ohio troopers union wants cruisers equipped with fire suppression
The Columbus Dispatch, Ohio
Copyright 2006 The Columbus Dispatch
Oct. 10- The state troopers union is demanding that the State Highway Patrol purchase cars with fire-suppression systems after two troopers and a woman died in a fiery collision.
The 2005 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in which Sgt. Dale R. Holcomb and Trooper Joshua P. Risner died was not equipped with the option.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help