Traffic deaths drop in 2006; stepped up education, enforcement cited
LARRY COPELAND, ALAN GOMEZ and OREN DORELL
Highway fatalities fell by at least 5% in those 16 states. In nine other states, deaths rose by at least that much. Texas and Georgia reported preliminary declines of more than 5%, but traffic safety agencies in those states expect the final totals to rise significantly.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform