Tenn. weighs putting 2 troopers on nighttime patrol
By Lauren Gregory, Staff Writer
Chattanooga Times/Free Press, Tenn.
Sen. Doug Jackson, D-Dickson, has introduced legislation that would require double occupancy in every Tennessee Highway Patrol vehicle on the road between sundown and sunrise. The measure was inspired by the Jan. 6 shooting death of 24-year-old Trooper Calvin Jenks, he said.
A complementary bill has been filed by in the state House by Rep. David Shepard, D-Dickson.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform