Calif. officer shoots man during traffic stop confrontation
By Will Bigham
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
POMONA — A Pomona police officer shot and wounded a man Monday morning during a confrontation that followed the officer's discovery that the man was in possession of a stolen car. Photo Gallery: Pomona Police Involved Shooting and Manhunt
The wounded man was airlifted to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, and was listed Monday afternoon in guarded condition — a medical designation between critical and stable, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform