Calif. officer shoots man during traffic stop confrontation
By Will Bigham
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
POMONA — A Pomona police officer shot and wounded a man Monday morning during a confrontation that followed the officer's discovery that the man was in possession of a stolen car. Photo Gallery: Pomona Police Involved Shooting and Manhunt
The wounded man was airlifted to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, and was listed Monday afternoon in guarded condition — a medical designation between critical and stable, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court