Injured Md. auxiliary officer is recovering
MELISSA HARRIS, SUN REPORTER
Copyright 2006 The Baltimore Sun Company
Pieter Lucas, the 21-year-old Howard County auxiliary police officer who lost his lower left leg after being struck by a Chevrolet Blazer on Thanksgiving Eve, is recovering after surgery last week in which doctors took a piece of his hip bone and inserted it in his right leg.
"I still have a brace, but I'm able to bend my knee a little bit now," said Lucas, who is living at his family's Glenwood home. "I have gotten out of the house a few times."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Injured Md. auxiliary officer is recovering
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms