Chase, arrest after N.C. cop hit in traffic stop
The News & Observer
HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. — An officer was taken to the hospital early Saturday after a motorist hit his vehicle and led police on a chase to Durham, authorities said.
Cpl. William Dillon stopped a 1994 Buick Skylark driving erratically on U.S. 70 East at 1:37 a.m., Lt. Davis Trimmer said. The Skylark went into reverse and hit Dillon's cruiser before the officer got out his vehicle.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chase, arrest after N.C. cop hit in traffic stop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court