CHP officer has close call while citing driver
By Doane Yawger
The Merced Sun-Star
DELHI, Calif. — A California Highway Patrol officer escaped injury Monday morning when a truck-trailer sideswiped his patrol car while he was writing a speeding ticket by the shoulder of the road.
Officer Jeremy Key, a 10-year veteran, said the 1992 Freightliner driven by Tracey Price, 41, of Fallon, Nev., "was really close" and barely missed hitting the car just in front of the patrol unit.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: CHP officer has close call while citing driver
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman