Md. motorist accused of attack on officer
By Doug Donovan
BALTIMORE, Md. — Baltimore police arrested a man yesterday on charges of attacking and attempting to run over a Southwest District patrolman, who then fired his weapon at the fleeing motorist, police said.
The 4:30 p.m. incident at Frederick Avenue and South Rock Glen Road began when Officer Warren Benn's marked patrol car collided with another vehicle. Benn exited his vehicle and walked toward the other car when the driver jumped out and charged at him, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Md. motorist accused of attack on officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman