Fla. deputy has a 'sixth sense' about what vehicles are carrying
By LEON FOOKSMAN
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Standing next to a turnpike guardrail on a blistering afternoon, sheriff's Cpl. Bruce Parent was conducting what sounded like a talk-show interview with a woman pulled over on a traffic stop.
"So, where are you from?" the amiable cop asked. "What do you do for a living?"
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy