N.M. officer dies after cruiser hits cow
Martin Salazar, Journal Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 Albuquerque Journal
A State Police officer on his way back to Española after responding to a "shots fired" call died Sunday night after striking a downed cow on U.S. 84 and being ejected from his police unit.
An unidentified motorist traveling southbound and driving what State Police believe was a Mazda SUV apparently struck the cow but continued without stopping, a preliminary State Police investigation has revealed.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.M. officer dies after cruiser hits cow
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms