N.M. officer dies after cruiser hits cow
Martin Salazar, Journal Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 Albuquerque Journal
A State Police officer on his way back to Española after responding to a "shots fired" call died Sunday night after striking a downed cow on U.S. 84 and being ejected from his police unit.
An unidentified motorist traveling southbound and driving what State Police believe was a Mazda SUV apparently struck the cow but continued without stopping, a preliminary State Police investigation has revealed.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.M. officer dies after cruiser hits cow
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house