Mo. deputy in fatal wreck en route to accident scene
Squad car driven by Deputy Gary McCormack, 32, was hit broadside by truck driven by a volunteer firefighter responding to the same call.
By Jaime Baranyai
GREENE COUNTY, Mo. — Rick McCormack, who always worried when his son was on duty, woke up to his worst fear Saturday.
Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Gary McCormack, 32, of Republic was killed while responding to a reported auto crash.
His squad car was hit broadside by a pickup truck driven by a volunteer firefighter responding to the same call, Missouri Highway Patrol Sgt. Dan Bracker said Saturday at a news conference at the sheriff's department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house