Mo. deputy in fatal wreck en route to accident scene
Squad car driven by Deputy Gary McCormack, 32, was hit broadside by truck driven by a volunteer firefighter responding to the same call.
By Jaime Baranyai
GREENE COUNTY, Mo. — Rick McCormack, who always worried when his son was on duty, woke up to his worst fear Saturday.
Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Gary McCormack, 32, of Republic was killed while responding to a reported auto crash.
His squad car was hit broadside by a pickup truck driven by a volunteer firefighter responding to the same call, Missouri Highway Patrol Sgt. Dan Bracker said Saturday at a news conference at the sheriff's department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police